Your heating and cooling systems can account for up to 50% of the total energy that you use each month. With a few steps, you can lower your heating and cooling costs, and save you money.
There are many ways to start saving money on heating and cooling today, and they are simple. With a little maintenance and regular cleaning, and installation of a few energy-efficient devices, you can make a significant change in your monthly bills.
For more information on the energy-efficient cooling and heating equipment that are available, call us today.
- Always turn your heating and cooling systems down when you are asleep, or away from your home. A programmable thermostat can make this easier.
- Make use of space heaters in the rooms that you are in, rather than heating your whole home.
- Install a zoning system so that you can heat and cool only the areas that need it.
- Open your windows at night and in the early morning during the summer to let cool air in. Close your windows when it warms up, and pull curtains and blinds to keep it in.
- Improve your insulation. This can go a long way when it comes to saving energy.
- Have your air ducts permanently sealed to avoid leaking air.
- Stick to your preventative maintenance schedule to make sure that everything runs at top efficiency.
- Replace any outdated or inefficient equipment with Energy Star compliant components.
- Talk with an HVAC expert to see if a heat pump makes sense for you. When used in the right conditions, a heat pump can heat and cool your home much more efficiently than some alternatives.
- Use ceiling fans. Ceiling fans can help keep your home cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.
- Improve your attic ventilation.
- Have a whole house humidifier installed to improve your home’s comfort during the winter.